What is frenulum?
Frenulum is a tight band of tissue connecting the glans to the shaft of the penis on its underside. When the frenulum is tight or short this is called a frenulum breve.
A tight frenulum can exist in both circumcised and uncircumcised men. The degree of tightness and thickness of the frenulum varies from men to men.What are the symptoms of tight frenulum?
A short frenulum can cause painful erections which in turn causes many men to lose their erections.It can tear during vigorous activities such as masturbation or sex, causing pain and bleeding .
Some men go through their entire lives suffering from pain and bleeding unaware that there is a cure.What is frenuluplasty?
The procedure involves the release and reconstruction of the restricting tissue for increased range of motion in the penile skin and enhanced sexual enjoyment.FAQ
1) Are there any side effects of frenuluplasty?Frenuluplasty may result in minimal risk of infection, bleeding.
2) What is the recovery time after frenuluplasty?Frenuluplasty is a day care procedure. You can go home same day after couple of hours. You can return to normal work routine in 24 hours.
3) Can frenuluplasty be performed under local anaesthesia?Frenuluplasty may be performed under local, regional or general anaesthesia. No overnight hospital stay is required for frenuluplasty.
4) Intercourse after frenuluplasty procedure?
Wait for at least six weeks before you resume sexual activity.
5) Does Insurance cover frenuluplasty?
Our team will work with you to help determine whether your Health Insurance cover expenses for frenuluplasty surgery.
GlossaryFrenuloplasty involves the release and reconstruction of the restricting tissue on the underside of penis for increased range of motion. Frenulectomy involves surgical removal of frenulum. Frenulotomy involves division of frenulum
To book a frenuloplasty procedure with Dr. Brojen Barman: For appointment call Sunil +919365839859 or WhatsApp at +918135970096